Sunday 13 May 2012

Mother's Day ..(OUT!)

My son asks me to close my eyes, he holds my hand, he is 9 years old. Those hands are like paws, padded and warm. . I am thinking, unsure of whats this filmi keeda that has come upon him. He makes me walk a few steps and .......'open ur eyes'..the command comes. There in the centre of the table is a chocalate cake which says ' Happy Mothers day'. I dont know how to react. Either he is grown up too soon or I couldnt see it happen. My hearts choked with emotion but I am careful , dont want to load him with that. I hug the teddy bear,,,,, he is mine though.

Its tuesday and I dont know if mothers day is on sunday because for me every minute is mothers minute. Now here comes my deal ......'baby, how do you want to celebrate mothers day?'. His eyes sparkle ...Avengers he says . I want to keep that enthu spirit on. 'OK' , done comes my reply. So the filmi threesome, HE , HIS EQUALLY FILMI SIS and mahafilmi Ma go to the multiplex. Its early morning and I am lost in the hangover of 'copie conforme'.

The 3D glasses are handed over and the journey begins. and ...............Its over .  I dont feel a thing. I think in awe at the scale and finish of the production. I just feel as if I saw a comic in action with no scope of my imagining any of it. Feel helpless, I havent been able to take that flight in my mind.

The makers dont feel helpless at all. The whole business of being obsessed with the world beyond us and therefore they desire the world to see it. The next time if ever during my lifetime, aliens ever ever come on this planet, I wouldnt be surprised at all. A lot of my experiential moments have already happened. Imagine how surprised they will be to know that we are not surprised!


Anyways, my teddy and cindrella are super happy. They have been able to see the Avengers at last. Cinema Mommy couldnt get her way.......but she loved every second of their giggles and awe! It was a super mommy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment