Friday 17 June 2011

WHEN ALL THAT YOU FEEL IS IN VERSE!



I wish to thank the sky and the stars
And Him
Who made me close to perfection
Yet do imperfect things

I wish to thank the river and the ocean
And him
Who taught me how love flows
Yet leave me alone to drown

I wish to thank the shrubs and the trees
And him
Who showed me the power of movement
Yet himself remains unmoved

I wish to thank the wind and the leaves
And him
Who taught me patience
Yet let my impatience rustle

I wish to thank the birds and the bees
And him
Who knew the essence of friendship
But could never be my friend

I wish to thank the mines and the rocks
And him
Who taught me how to love machines
Yet make me love the human more

I wish to thank the thunder and the storm
And him
Who came unexpectedly
To make me see the ‘me ‘ that I was

I wish to thank the cosmos and ether
And him
Whom I hug, who shrugs
And says
“ma, don’t hug me so tight”
And makes a part of me
Complete!


2 comments:

  1. Only an artist still devoid of the influences of this world driven by only binary values but has tightly embraced the ever progressing life can have the such universal expression of an extremely personal self. In the most honest words, it is beautiful. The beauty of it is the purity of thoughts complemented with the simplicity of language. One of the most touching original works I have ever read from people I know. It feels amazing...

    ReplyDelete